*Applications are also available at the Boys and Girls Club Teen Center, Paradise Charter Middle, Children's Community Charter School, Achieve Charter School, and Help for People.
Achieve Charter High School's Mission is to provide all students with a unique, rich academic experience that produces graduates who are career and college ready.
We will accomplish this by:
- Cultivating personally and socially responsible citizens
- Empowering students to be self-directed and solution oriented thinkers
- Diversifying instruction and providing opportunities that meet the needs of each unique student
- Ensuring a safe, small learning community for students and families
Unique Program Elements
- Personalized Learning Pathways for all students, where students, their guardians, and staff meet together three times a year to monitor progress towards personalized goals and adjust the educational program to meet academic, social/emotional and long term goals.
- Advisory Class Each student will be assigned to an advisory class, where the group of students will meet with each other and the same advisory teacher daily for 4 years. This model encourages increased positive peer relationships as well as a positive adult role model who is constantly in touch with the students' needs and progress toward goals.
- Cross Curricular Themes and Projects will run throughout core classes as students work on solving real world problems in authentic ways.
- Block Scheduling allows for depth of content to be reached during class periods as well as providing greater opportunity for flexibility in scheduling to meet individual student needs.
- Dual Enrollment We are working with Butte College to have some courses taught at Achieve Charter High School count for college credit.
- Entrepreneurship and Sustainable Design and Technologies are the Pathways students can choose from. Each incoming freshman will be enrolled in an introductory class from Network for Teaching Entrepreneurship (NFTE) which will introduce the entrepreneurial mindset. In following years, students will be able to choose Theme classes to explore within the themes, leading to capstone classes where they will apply their knowledge gained.