skip to main content

Immunization/Health/Dental Info

California schools are required to check immunization records for all new student admissions at transitional kindergarten (TK)/Kindergarten through 12th grade and all students advancing to 7th grade before entry. Parents must show their child’s Immunization Record as proof of immunization. Immunization Records must be on file in the school office prior to the start date. Any student who doesn’t have a current immunization record with the required immunizations on file by their first day of school will be excluded from attendance. Students entering 7th grade will not be able to attend school until proof of the Tdap is on record. 
Students are required to be immunized for the following:

Polio (OPV or IPV) — 4 doses
3 doses are OK if one was given on or after 4th birthday.
Diphtheria, Tetanus, and Pertussis (DTaP, DTP, Tdap, or Td) — 5 doses
4 doses are OK if one was given on or after their  4th birthday. 3 doses are OK if one was given on or after 7th birthday. For 7th–12th graders, at least 1 dose of pertussis-containing vaccine is required on or after 7th birthday.
Measles, Mumps, and Rubella (MMR) — 2 doses
Given on or after 1st birthday.
Hepatitis B — 3 doses
Required at admission to any grade except 7th grade.
Varicella (Chickenpox) — 2 doses
Usually given at ages 12 months and 4-6 years. The TK/K–12 immunization requirements apply to new admissions and transfers for all grades, including 7th grade, and students whose exemptions are no longer valid.
Tetanus, Diphtheria, Pertussis (Tdap) —1 dose
Students advancing to 7th grade need a record of Tdap (Whooping Cough booster), usually given at 11 years and up.
For more information on required immunizations, click HERE.
For a vaccine record, click HERE to access the Digital Vaccine Record (DVR) Portal.
Click HERE for information on free immunizations from Butte County Public Health. 
Health  Examination
A child’s health has an important effect on their performance. A checkup of all students within 18 months prior to entry into first grade or within 90 days thereafter. (Health and Safety Code 124040, 124085). In lieu of the certification, the parent/guardian may submit a waiver on the form indicating that they do not want or are unable to obtain a health screening. If the waiver indicates that the parent/guardian was unable to obtain the services, the reasons should be included in the waiver. (Health and Safety Code 124085).
Oral Health Assessment 
Students in their first year in public school must submit proof of an oral health assessment or waiver. The assessment must be performed by a licensed or registered dental health professional, conducted the year prior to Kindergarten or by May 31st of your child’s kindergarten year. Please contact the main office if you have questions about this requirement.